Monday, September 17, 2012

#46: Pay off my credit card(s)...THE confession & latest update

I published this way back in May this year, so I wanted to update you on my progress...

I have a problem.
I am a Shopaholic.
I like to buy things I do not need... especially clothes and shoes.
But I don't buy big ticket items. I rarely spend a lot on my purchases and I think that is one of the problems.
I just can't resist a great bargain.
But even these small purchases all add up.

I blame the fact that I was born under the Leo star sign.

Banksy?
Leo's have some great strengths...
- Confident
- Ambitious
- Generous
- Loyal
- Encouraging

But they also some weaknesses...
- Pretentious
- Domineering
- Melodramatic
- Stubborn
- Vain

The Vanity things is an issue. Supposedly it is because of the moon I was born under. It makes a Leo have the need to be 'admired by others, and to feel good about oneself'.

I think this is why I always have a need to constantly buy clothes that I think look good and that make me happy.
That or I just like buying things???

So the fact of the matter is that I am in debt.
I have been debt for a while.
I have been trying to pay it off, but haven't managed to make much of a dent.

But now that it is on the Life List, I need to do something to tick it off the list.

I hate to admit it, but I owe the following amounts on 2 credit cards:
Card #1 = $2,460.99
Card #2 = $1,435.99
That is a Grand Total of $3,896.98

SHIT

It isn't a massive amount, but for me it is. And because of the interest, it just keeps on growing and growing. And it turns into a vicious cycle.

But I have decided things will change.

I cut up Card#2 last night.

I then put a budget plan in place and presented it to 'husband'. He agreed with my plan and therefore BOTH cards have been paid off, using our savings we had in our mortgage.

I just now need to pay off the mortgage in monthly instalments.
According to my calculations, my debt will be paid off in 7 months, with 0 interest.

Husband has also put me under strict spending conditions, so I don't get in this situation again.
Which I will follow.

Wish me Luck!

UPDATE: 18th of May 2012
So far I have paid $1,647 off the debt... $2,250 still to go

UPDATE: 17th of September 2012
So far I have paid $2,150 off the debt - $1,747 still to go - I should have paid more off but I had  relapse and used my one remaining card to buy some clothes/scarfs/winter hats that I probably didn't need. But I am back on track...  I will have this paid off by the end of the year.
I promise

4 comments:

  1. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business. high risk merchant account

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. The play news

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. sell cvv dumps

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are very much appreciated!