Monday, February 6, 2012

Blue Ivy

Hello my name is Sara @ Zahara Dessert and I have a problem.

I am obsessed...
I am obsessed with the colour blue.

And not just any kind of blue. It needs to be a pale/aqua blue.

This shade it seems, is what I am most attracted to.

You need look no further than the colour palette of the Zahara Dessert blog.

I rest my case

Below are just a few photos from my house that demonstrate this strange affliction.

In my defence the Typo clock was originally white, however it broke.
I did want to replace it with another white one, but sadly this was the only colour left.
[image by Zahara Dessert]
 
There were other colours to choose from when I bought these sculptures. I of course chose to ignore them. The jar was a gift, I love it, but I would never have chosen it in red.
[image by Zahara Dessert]
  
I have a blue rug from Ikea in my living room.
I am very surprised I didn't also get a blue dog!
[image by Zahara Dessert]
  
The blue living room wall.  The only reason my plank chair is not blue is because it was bought at a seconds sale and this colour and a darker green were the only colours available.
This was the colour we would have bought. It is not really a blue now is it?
[image by Zahara Dessert]

 
Shades of blue feature on the Ottoman and on the reclining chair.
[image by Zahara Dessert]
 
The dog protection cover on our day bed is blue, as are the cushions.
[image by Zahara Dessert]

...and of course the day bed itself is a lovely shade of blue (which we had custom made) 
[image by Zahara Dessert]

My blue sofa bed. Again in my defence the selection of colours were limited and I originally was looking for a silver/cream colour. However as the sofa had to be a specific size, this colour was the only colour we liked.
[image by Zahara Dessert]


The aqua walls in our study
[image by Zahara Dessert]

Our blue wall clock in the kitchen
[image by Zahara Dessert]


I even have a blue kettle!
[image by Zahara Dessert]

My blue kitchen scales
[image by Zahara Dessert]

I am REALLY am obsessed.
Even my bin liner is the correct shade of blue!
I need help.
[image by Zahara Dessert]


Of course our bedroom has been painted blue
[image by Zahara Dessert]

The tiles in our bathroom are also blue. But again in my defence, these tiles are the original tiles that came with the house. I did not have a choice in the matter. However consequently all my towels are of course blue to match this style.
[image by Zahara Dessert]


And finally our outdoor setting in also the courtyard is the correct shade of blue
[image by Zahara Dessert]

Do you think this is a problem?

Discuss

2 comments:

  1. Not at all! I think the color blue looks great in your house. The only time it would be a problem is if you painted your whole house blue. LOL! =D Which I hope won’t happen, because it would be a tad too much. Anyway, the patio set you have would be my favorite out of all these. It’s impressively elegant and pleasing to the eyes!

    Gerry Bossier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Now that we have moved, I have realised the colour theme has followed us to this house also!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. Comments are very much appreciated!