Friday, January 27, 2012

My House Tour...the guest room/office

[image by Zahara Dessert]

This is our office slash guest room

When we moved into our house, this was very much a 'nothing' room and a blank canvas.


Old photos of our office/guest room (the computer was in the place were the sofa is now) [image by Zahara Dessert]
 
Literally a blank canvas [image by Zahara Dessert]
I wanted to make this room fun, but functional at the same time.
The room is also quite small and we didn't want it to be poky and cluttered.
We also had another challenge of fitting in a sofa bed for visiting guests.

My inspiration started from a photo I saw from an Apartment Therapy search that showed some shelves that I thought would work in this room (mood board below).


This is the mood board I created for the room from Apartment Therapy

We also needed to add some colour. But the paint colour we used didn't end up the shade we thought it would be. We had imagined a warmer aqua, but it eventually grew on us.


I love this antique style map I purchased from Typo [image by Zahara Dessert]
 The 2nd monitor is a new addition and I'm not happy with how the 2 monitors look. The desk is now off balanced, annoying, and I need to work on a solution for this.

[image by Zahara Dessert]


Apologies for my messy jewellery tree [image by Zahara Dessert]



Our sofa bed below my treasured movie poster from 'Roman Holiday' in Italian that my sister bought for me in Rome. I just need to replace the old wooden blinds with some white ones. [image by Zahara Dessert]
  All in all I am very happy with how this room turned out.


These 3 prints we purchased from Paris and were the starting point of the room design.
The bobble head collection is my husbands. [image by Zahara Dessert]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are very much appreciated!