Saturday, January 28, 2012

Flashing Lights

In an ode to a fantastic, entertaining and memorable concert by Kanye West last night (the best I have been to in a very long time), I thought I would feature Kanye's creative style outside of his music.

I was impressed by his LA house photos that appeared via Apartment Therapy a few years ago.

I thought I would share it with you today.

Got to love a bit of sparkle

Not sure I like the chair

The living room is a bit too 'beige' for my taste, even with the red art work

View of LA from the Hollywood Hills...pretty


The games room - You can tell he is a child of my vintage

This is his kitchen art

I covet that fish tank and chandelier

Let us hope that fur is faux?

I want one

His office... the pink Russell Young silk screen of Marilyn is stunning. Kanye also has a Charles Ray Eames chair that was made out of a custom coloured leather

Elroy in the games room
 
Maybe a bit much when you see the whole room together, even if it is the games room
The dining room


and this is where it gets weird!!!

Just lovely

Even his fish are stylish

Husband would love to have this shoe collection

More details about the house can be found here
 Photography by Art Gray

Kanye's style has always been interesting

Kanye's outfit at last night's concert.  It's very reminiscent of the Celine lady blouse he wore at Coachella [image from news.com.au]

And if you have 35 minutes spare, I would very much recommend watching his film clip for 'Runaway' (below). In true Kanye form it is very self indulgent, but the dancers steal the scenes.

He incorporated parts of this in last nights concert and it really worked.


I am interested to see what DONDA will bring

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are very much appreciated!