Friday, February 17, 2012

The house that time forgot

While I was waiting for my morning coffee, I saw this in the paper and I had to share it with you.



93-year-old Lina Diacono's house was built in 1964, and time has stood still since then.
She had lovingly cared for her home and has never updated it since it was built.
Lina is moving to be closer to family, so the house is now For Sale.

 




The real estate agent has said this house has been very popular:
"There are plenty of people looking for a property that's not run of the mill. They want something with character and charm, especially in the eastern suburbs and the inner west" 


I want that lamp! But alas she is taking all the furniture with her when she moves




Her niece says "It really looks like a scene out of Mad Men... My sister and I have such fond memories of this home - we spent most of our school holidays here with Aunty Lina and I can say the house hasn't changed at all. Nothing is different."






It is such a breath of fresh air to see a house that is so unique and well looked after.

Don't you think?

House details can be found here
All images taken from the Daily Telegraph and real esate house link

1 comments:

Thanks for visiting. Comments are very much appreciated!