Sunday, February 12, 2012

100 Squared - Challenge: Explore Sydney's Best Markets

As I have said before, #45 on my list is "Show people the amazing things about Sydney".

Therefore a few weeks ago I set myself the challenge to tackle Time Out's list of 'Sydney's Best Markets'.

So this past Thursday, I decided to visit 100 Squared. This market isn't really a traditional market as such, it is more a space in Westfield Shopping Centre that shows the wares of emerging artists.

Here are a few photos of the designers that caught my eye.

Note: Apologies for the photo quality, the market is inside a shopping centre and I found it difficult to take good photos.


There were some clothes designers also, but I preferred the jewellery stands [image by Zahara Dessert]





Recreational was my favourite of all the designers that were featured at 100 Squared.
I actually already own a piece of Recreational jewellery. It is a pendant in sterling silver with my initial.




I wear it quite often and I just love it.

[image by Zahara Dessert]
Recreational started as a hobby for designer and founder Emma Swann, when she began making one off pieces of jewellery in her spare time. A cult following soon started, with many requesting bespoke pieces.

According to 100 Squared, "Recreational’s dynamic designs are driven by the ever-changing worlds of music, technology, graffiti and art. In Emma’s own humorous mind she twists these inspirations slightly to produce designs that are iconic yet ironic too"

I really love the bold pieces that Recreational offer. It's not everyday that you can wear a set of dj headphones or a camera necklace.

The prices are also very reasonable.
[image by Zahara Dessert]

[image by Zahara Dessert]

[image by Zahara Dessert]

I always love a bit of Banksy inspiration! [image by Zahara Dessert]

[image by Zahara Dessert]

[image by Zahara Dessert]

http://recreationalboutique.com






[image by Zahara Dessert]

Romy-Oh!'s jewellery was also a stall that I liked.

Their pieces are quite creative and featured quite a lot of statement pieces. I also really liked how they were presented at the markets.


[image by Zahara Dessert]


Taju Accessories
Taju also featured some really cool jewellery. But I am not sure how unique these pieces were as they seemed mass produced... but I could be wrong?


I was VERY close to buying the blue 80's style earrings on the left.
I had to stop myself, as I am trying to save! [image by Zahara Dessert]

[image by Zahara Dessert]
 
I really liked the Shabby-Chic style of Kaboodle Designs. Their pieces are unique and vintage-inspired, all of which have been designed and made in Australia.

[image by Zahara Dessert]

I love these earrings [image by Zahara Dessert]

I also like these pocket watch necklaces [image by Zahara Dessert]
http://www.kaboodledesigns.com.au

And at the end of your shopping expedition, you can sit on this very comfy chair and just relax!

[image by Zahara Dessert]

100 Squared
Located at Wesfield Sydney, Bondi and Miranda.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Comments are very much appreciated!